You Are Here:
Home > How To Care For Bamboo Products?
Any bamboo product is a great addition to any house or any office. There are products that can be placed inside or outside your house. All bamboo furniture such as bamboo dividers, bamboo rugs, bamboo placemats, bamboo blinds, bamboo coasters, bamboo chairs, bamboo picture frames and any other bamboo accessories can last a lifetime if it is being take care of properly.2 It definitely require a certain amount of maintenance.
Some people are hesitant when it comes to buying products that are made of bamboo materials since a lot of them don't know how to take care of it.
Here are some tips on how to care for your bamboo products.
- Start by dusting, brushing or vacuuming any dirt that is accumulated into the surface by using a dust cloth or vacuum.
- It will be good to do this as often as you can in order to avoid settling of dust into it.1
- Dip a soft brush or sponge into a solution of 2 teaspoons of ammonia to a half gallon of soapy warm water (water with a few drops of mild dishwashing soap). Do not use any strong kind of soap since it can cause discoloration on your furniture.2
- You may now start washing the bamboo products and try to reach the areas that are hard to clean. After cleaning, you can start rinsing it with a clean wet rag and have it dry thru air or by simply using a hair dryer to avoid damage or lose its shape.2
- Try to avoid using some strong chemicals that can ruin your bamboo products or may leave stains. There are some furniture that need to be applied with furniture oil suited for bamboo to make it shiny and will protect it from cracking.1
Always remember that bamboo is not a weather resistant material so try to follow the above procedures in cleaning your bamboo items. 3 Try to check after cleaning if the bamboo has cracked then sand it with a fine grit sandpaper until smooth and then rub it with a paste wax in order to restore to its original color....
It is good to protect your investment by caring for it and keeping it away from any harm. Please try to take note that it is very difficult to paint your products that are made of bamboo. 3 You need to sand off all outside skin of the bamboo then clean it and paint it. It is quite difficult to make an even color on it due to the differentiation in the bamboo fiber.3